Sugar Nails: Snowflake Nail Art with Dip Powder
Est. $66 / Mani
Est. $5 / Mani
- Apply a thin coat of Step 1 Bond. Allow it to dry completely.
- We used PA-21 as the base; be sure to stir thoroughly before use.
- Carefully apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip finger into color powder.
- Repeat for more coverage.
PRO TIP: Use Base & Finish Powder as an initial dip layer to promote longevity and avoid color pigments from staining the natural nail.
- Using the trimmer side of Jelly Pusher or wooden cuticle stick, clean the space between cuticle lines. Use a fluffy brush to sweep off excess powder from nail.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Apply a coat of Step 3 Activator and allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden.
- Buff and shape nails to your desired finish.
- Wash hands or use a lint free wipe saturated in alcohol to wipe the nails clean.
- Apply a second coat of Step 3 Activator and allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden.
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply a thin quick coat of Step 4 Sealer and allow 3 minutes for nails to dry.
- Apply a second coat of Step 4 Sealer making sure to cover the free edges. Then allow 3 minutes for nails to dry completely.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
- Place a couple of drops of Step 2 Base onto a small piece of aluminum foil. The shades we used for the design are French White and GL44.
- Using a toothpick & Step 2 Base, draw a snowflake on the nail.
- Then immediately pour French White over nail. Tap to remove loose powder.
- Repeat for additional coverage and additional snowflake details.
- Using a toothpick & Step 2 Base, go back and trace your snowflake. Then immediately pour GL44 over the nail. Tap to remove loose powder.
- Using a toothpick & Step 2 Base, draw some polk a dots on the nail. Then immediately pour French white over nail. Tap to remove loose powder. Trace polka dots with Step 2 Base and pour GL44 over nail. Tap to remove loose powder.
- Bring the snow day home with your very own DipWell Dip Kit!