How to do Gray Dip Nails with Gold Foil
Est. $55+ / Mani
Est. $5 / Mani
For this mani you will also need gold foil, a pointed stick (or the orangewood stick from our Buffer Set), & a square of foil.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 1 Bond. Allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base to the entire nail. Immediately dip half of the nail at an angle into color powder NA-27. Tap finger to remove excess powder.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Use a small scoop to quickly pour Base & Finish powder on the other half of the nail before the Step 2 Base dries. Tap finger to remove loose powder.
- Apply another coat of Step 2 Base. Then dip the fingernail halfway into color powder NA-27. Tap to remove loose powder.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
Get free tutorials every week!
Sign up for fresh nail inspo & exclusive discounts delivered right to your inbox!
- On a small piece of foil, add a few drops of Step 2 Base. Be sure to have some pieces of gold foil on hand.
- Dip a pointed tool, like a toothpick or cuticle stick, into the Step 2 Base, pick up pieces of foil, and apply them to the wet base where it meets the color powder.
- Dip fingernail into Base & Finish powder to cover the remainder of the wet base.
- Apply another coat of Step 2 Base to the entire nail. Then immediately dip fingernail into Base & Finish powder. Tap finger to remove loose powder.
- Apply Step 3 Activator and allow 3-5 minutes for powder to harden.
PRO TIP: If you live in a humid climate, you may need to increase your dry time.
- File and buff nails to create the desired shape & smoothness.
- Wash hands or use a lint-free wipe saturated in alcohol to clean the nails from filing debris.
PRO TIP: Make sure nails are completely dry before moving to the next step!
- Apply a thin coat of Step 4 Sealer and allow 2-3 minutes for nails to dry.
- Apply a final coat of Step 4 Sealer in thin, quick strokes and allow 2-3 minutes for nails to dry.
PRO TIP: Don't apply more than 2 consecutive coats of Sealer as this will prevent even drying & may result in a gummy mani.
- Gold foil nail art adds a glittering touch to this gray dip manicure. This mani has an organic feel with irregular shapes and a line of gold foil that’s forgiving and perfect for DIY’ing 😉
THE BEST WAY TO START DIPPING
PICK YOUR FAVORITE COLORS AND GET ALL THE LIQUIDS YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIP MANIS THAT LAST 2+ WEEKS WITHOUT CHIPPING! BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE HERE!