How To Use A Coffee Filter To Lengthen Dip Nails
$40 / Mani
$0.01 > Faux Tip, $3 / Mani
Instantly longer nails! It's a miracle! DIY artificial nail tips are easier than you might think. The solution for longer nails is right in your kitchen. We'll walk you through how to add nail tips with a coffee filter and dip powder. That's right - create your own acrylic dip powder tips with just a coffee filter or tea bag and Base & Finish powder.
PRO TIP: Make sure you thoroughly prep nails to ensure adhesion & long-lasting wear! Push back cuticles, create a rough texture on the nail plate by filing, and sanitize thoroughly.
A coffee filter! This multi-use, accessible product can be easily found in your pantry.
Not a coffee drinker? A fresh tea bag can be cut down and used in the same manner.
- Prepare an artificial nail tip with a coffee filter. Use a pen to mark for sizing.
- Cut to your preferred nail shape, matching the width of your nail.
- Prep the nail as usual.
- Apply Step 1 Bond.
- Apply a small amount of Step 2 Base to the tip (about ⅓ of the way) of the nail.
- Quickly secure the coffee filter in place with a tweezer.
- Hold and allow a few seconds for the coffee filter to adhere.
- Cut to your desired length.
- Apply Step 2 Base over the entire nail and quickly dip into Base & Finish Powder.
- Wait a few seconds for the blend of dip liquid and powder to saturate, then use a fluffy brush to remove excess powder.
- Repeat for more durability. This will help strengthen the nail tip and prevent potential breakage.
- Apply Step 3 Activator and allow nails to harden.
- File nails to your desired shape.
- Apply color powder as normal to achieve your desired look. Here we are using CL-40.
- Broken nails are now a worry of the past. With this super simple (and cheap!) method, you can save your mani whenever disaster strikes.