How to Create Crocodile Nails with Dip Powder
Est. $60+ / Mani
Est. $3 / Mani
- Apply a thin coat of Step 1 Bond to the entire nail and allow it to dry completely.
- Apply a thin coat of Step 2 Base and immediately dip fingernail into Base & Finish powder.
PRO TIP: Avoid getting the product onto cuticles, powder will pick up wherever Base is applied.
- Tap finger to remove loose powder, and use a fluffy brush to sweep off excess powder from the nail surface.
- Apply a second coat of Step 2 Base to the entire nail and immediately dip fingernail into color powder. Here we are using CL74.
PRO TIP: Brushes may harden or pick up color powder during application. Simply switch them between Brush Softener for easy cleaning & workability.
Get free tutorials every week!
Sign up for fresh nail inspo & exclusive discounts delivered right to your inbox!
- Tap finger to remove loose powder, then use a pointed tool to remove excess product from the cuticle line. Use a fluffy brush to sweep off excess powder from the nail surface. Repeat for more coverage.
- Apply Step 3 Activator to the entire nail, and allow a few minutes for dip blend to harden.
PRO TIP: If you live in a humid climate, you may need to increase your dry time.
- File and buff nail to achieve desired nail shape and smoothness.
- Wash hands or use a lint-free wipe saturated in alcohol to wipe the nails clean from filing debris.
- On a small piece of foil, add a few drops of Step 4 Sealer.
- Use a pointed tool, such as a toothpick, to apply Step 4 Sealer in oblong shapes that resemble crocodile scales. Reapply to each spot for additional coverage. Allow it to dry completely.
- If you experience a white residue, simply clean nails with a lint-free wipe saturated in alcohol.
Crocodile nails come to life in this easy dip mani. Create crocodile print nail art; we used olive, but you can pick any dip powder shade!
THE BEST WAY TO START DIPPING
PICK YOUR FAVORITE COLORS AND GET ALL THE LIQUIDS YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIP MANIS THAT LAST 2+ WEEKS WITHOUT CHIPPING! BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE HERE!